- Birthstone: An untraditional alternative for April
- Anniversary: An untraditional alternative for 60th and 75th
- Color: Dark gray to solid black
- From: Mainly Brazil, but also the Central African Republican
- Facts & Lore: All diamonds take one to three billion years to form, but the formation of black diamonds specifically is highly debated. One popular theory is that they have extraterrestrial origins. Scientists have suggested black diamonds were formed by a supernova that fell to Earth as a meteorite 3 billion years ago, then broke up over Brazil and Africa. The largest diamond in the world is a black diamond named Sergio, discovered in 1895 in Brazil. It weighs 3,167 carats.