- Birthstone: An untraditional alternative for September
- Anniversary: An untraditional alternative for 5th and 45th
- Color: Red to purple, with weak to vivid color saturation and lighter tone
- From: Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Myanmar and East Africa
- Facts & Lore: Pink sapphires belong to the fancy sapphire family, and hail from the mineral corundum. The pink comes mostly from chromium, the same element that, in higher concentration, makes corundum a ruby. Pink sapphires are the most rare and expensive of the fancy sapphire family. The color pink has long been associated with romance and unconditional love.